PALESTINIAN REFUGEES: THE RIGHT OF RETURN
|Based on TARI's Right of Return Conference held on April 8, 2000 in Boston|
|--Orders can be requested from :
Stylus Publishing, Inc
Web Site: http://styluspub.com
PALESTINIAN REFUGEES: The Right of Return
Edited by Naseer Aruri
With renewed conflict in the Middle East, the prospect of a peaceful
resolution looks ever more unlikely. The Palestinian right of return to
their homes has been upheld in international law and United Nations'
resolutions for fifty years. Equally the right of return has been denied by
Israel, deferred to a "final status" issue in the Oslo Accords, and is being
denied by the U.S-proposed peace settlement. It is on this right of return that
the Palestinians are united. And it is this issue which is so frequently
ignored by the international media.
With major contributions from a range of international authors, including
Edward W. Said, Noam Chomsky and Nur Masalha, this volume examines the
Palestinians¹ right of return. Chapters cover the historical roots of the
Palestinian refugee question; the rights of the refugees under international
law; the special case of Lebanon; Israeli perceptions of the refugee
question; the practical feasibility of the return (Return Plan); the role of
the United States and the European Community and the Refugee Question; the
value of the refugee property; the principles of compensation; and a program
for an Independent Rights Campaign.
Naseer Aruri is Chancellor Professor of Political Science (Emeritus) at the
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth.
- TARI mourns the passing of Mujid Kazimi
- Board of Directors
- Conference on the Arab Uprisings: Accomplishments, Failures & Prospects.
- Conference on The Arab Revolts: Causes, Dynamics, Effects
- Conference on Litigating Palestine: Can Courts Secure Palestinian Rights?
- Conference on the One State for Palestine / Israel
- Conference on The Right of Return
- Open Letter to President Mahmoud Abbas
- Fact Sheets
- Website Links
- Publications: Select Books and Articles
- Select Bibliography on the Palestinian / Israeli Conflict
- Announcements, Political Comments and Breaking News
- TARI News